Thursday, March 25, 2010

Add Peace And Tranquillity To Your Life

We are surrounded by noise 24/7, and some are at uncomfortable levels which disturb our calm and sense of well-being, and also our health. Some examples of these are low flying aircraft, the screeching of brakes (especially those of large trucks), or ultra loud music.

How can we find peace and tranquillity in today's busy world? These techniques really do work and with continued use will improve your sense of peace and boost your ability to deal with life's up's and downs.

Develop an "inner silence". Our minds are capable of blocking out even loud noise. Try using an affirmation such as "I am peaceful", or "I have inner calm".

Breathe deeply two or three times, (in through your nose, and out through your mouth), and say inwardly "I breathe in peace, I breathe out all stress and anxiety".

I have personally found that the pure act of concentration in immersing myself in my writing eliminates all background noise, wherever I happen to be. This act of concentration alone can be a huge benefit.

One thing I try to do each and every day is to set aside a quiet time to connect with nature. This I find is the most beneficial and calming experience and worth every minute I spend.

Try it for yourself, you will be glad you did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home